Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust (NYSE:RPT) today provided an update on its 2011 accomplishments and announced its 2012 funds from operations (FFO) guidance.
In 2011, the Company made significant progress on its business plan, including:
- Improved core portfolio leased occupancy rate to 93.5%.
- Signed fourteen mid-box leases with national retailers including Bed, Bath & Beyond, buy buy Baby, Marshalls, Michaels, PetSmart, DSW Shoe Warehouse, and LA Fitness.
- Sold four non-core shopping centers for a total of $58 million, including the fourth quarter sale of Taylors Square, the Company’s only asset in South Carolina.
- Entered the St. Louis, Missouri market acquiring two market-dominant shopping centers at a total cost of $77 million.
- Closed over $400 million in financing, including $100 million through the issuance of convertible preferred stock at 7.25%, $130 million in unsecured term loans, and a new $175 million unsecured line of credit.
- Increased its unencumbered pool of assets to approximately $550 million, compared to less than $100 million in 2010.
“We are pleased with our accomplishments in 2011 including the performance of our shopping centers, the initiation of a capital recycling program and the substantial improvement in our balance sheet,” said Dennis Gershenson, President and CEO of Ramco-Gershenson Properties Trust. “We begin 2012 with a continued commitment to quality focused on increasing the occupancy of our shopping centers by leasing to healthy, creditworthy tenants and acquiring high-quality shopping centers matched with the disposition of non-core assets. We also remain committed to maintaining a strong balance sheet that promotes financial flexibility.”
Fourth Quarter 2011 UpdateFollowing a fourth quarter 2011 review of its assets, the Company identified a number of income-producing properties and land parcels available for sale. As previously announced, the Company anticipates disposing of approximately $25 million to $50 million of non-core assets in 2012 and expects to reinvest the proceeds into high-quality shopping centers. Also in the fourth quarter, the Company determined that the fair value of its equity investments in unconsolidated joint ventures is lower than the carrying value. As a result, the Company expects to report a non-cash impairment charge of $39.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. The charge breaks down as follows:
- Non-core properties slated for disposition - $16.3 million.
- Land held for sale - $11.5 million.
- Equity investments in unconsolidated joint ventures - $11.2 million.
- Core portfolio leased occupancy of between 93% - 94%.
- An increase in same-center net operating income of 1.0% - 2.0%.
- Management and leasing fees of approximately $3.0 million.
- General and administrative expenses of approximately $19.0 million.
- Gains on land sales of $1.0 million to $2.0 million.
- Acquisitions of $25 million to $50 million, funded with a like amount of dispositions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV