- The gross profit margin for BB&T CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.10%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BBT's net profit margin of 15.00% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 82.65% to $495.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 82.65%, BB&T CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 1668.91%.
- BB&T CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BB&T CORP reported lower earnings of $1.17 versus $1.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.17).
- BBT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.