- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TEVA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.59, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS's earnings per share declined by 10.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS increased its bottom line by earning $3.67 versus $2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.96 versus $3.67).
- The gross profit margin for TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS is rather high; currently it is at 58.60%. Regardless of TEVA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TEVA's net profit margin of 21.10% compares favorably to the industry average.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts