Analysts are expecting Goldman Sachs, scheduled to report Wednesday, to post an earnings per share of $1.46, according to consensus estimates from
Revenues and earnings per share are expected to come in at $6.544 billion and $1.24 per share respectively, according to consensus estimates from Thomson Reuters.
Estimates for Goldman, in fact, vary quite widely across the Street, ranging from 70 cents on the low end to $2.5 on the upper end, a reflection of just how difficult it is to predict trading revenues.
Barclays Capital analyst Roger Freeman expects Goldman's 2011 income to be its lowest since 1998 and its revenues to be the lowest since 2005.Morgan Stanley is expected to report a loss of 58 cents per share, according to consensus estimates from
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV