1. Exxon Mobil (XOM)Diversified energy giant Exxon Mobil has a reputation as one of the savviest capital allocators in the industry. No better example of its foresight into industry trends is the 2009 purchase of XTO Energy, which along with Chesapeake, was one of the largest owners of U.S. natural gas reserves. The deal was completed in June 2010 for $41 billion and immediately made Exxon one of the biggest beneficiaries of the revival in U.S. production.
Given Exxon's total current market capitalization of more than $400 billion, investors will obviously gain exposure to its global reserve, production and refining capabilities. The XTO deal offers investors the opportunity for diversified exposure to more unconventional development, including shale gas and the potential to export U.S. natural gas to other countries through the use of liquefied natural gas.Overall, Exxon sells at a very reasonable forward price to earnings (P/E) ratio of 10, offers decent income potential with a current dividend yield of 2.2% and should be capable of growing earnings close to 10% annually for the foreseeable future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV