NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Web video giants are realizing content is kind. In this vain, Hulu has become the latest to announce it will develop original content.
Hulu's new series is called Battleground and it follows the campaign of a Wisconsin senator and his staff. The series, created by Marc Webb (who served as director for The Office) and JD Walsh will premiere on Feb. 14.
Last week, Hulu CEO Jason Kilar announced that revenue grew 60% to $420 million in 2011, beating internal expectations despite the soft advertising market in the second half of the year. Hulu Plus, the $7.99 subscription service, also boasts more than 1.5 million users and Karr said he expects subscriptions to account for more than half of the business in 2012.
Netflix (NFLX) also has taken an interest in creating its own original series, with plans to launch Lilyhammer in February, and has also announced plans for the development of the Kevin Spacey series, House of Cards , and revival of Arrested Development.-Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV