Another name for the expanding or inverted triangle is a "Broadening Top," but since this is not a pattern that has gone on for weeks, I would not classify it that way since it isn't so "Broad."
There is an ETF that has a well defined broadening top that I will be touching on next week.
For those looking for a bullish play on the Dollar, symbol UUP is the exchange traded fund for U.S. Dollar Bullish and for those who are looking to short the dollar, symbol UDN, is U.S. Dollar Bearish.Dave Fry did an excellent article on the
Subscribers to ETFDigest get email alerts for trades being placed in the model portfolios. -- Follow this writer on Twitter/ScottPluschau Comments are welcome at Scott.Pluschau@etfdigest.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV