- Net earnings for the fourth quarter of 2011 ("Q4-11") increased to $2.7 million, or $0.13 per diluted common share, from $0.4 million, or $0.02 per share, for the fourth quarter of 2010 ("Q4-10").
- Earnings before deducting provisions for loan and real estate losses, real estate expenses, income taxes and preferred dividend requirements amounted to $7.8 million in Q4-11, compared to $6.6 million in Q4-10.
- Provisions for loan and real estate losses decreased to $1.4 million in Q4-11, from $4.7 million in Q4-10. The allowance for loan losses amounted to $30.4 million at December 31, 2011 and represented 2.61% of total outstanding loans.
- Net interest and dividend income was $10.6 million in Q4-11, compared to $10.4 million in Q4-10. The net interest margin improved to 2.22% in Q4-11, from 2.06% in Q4-10.
- Noninterest expenses decreased to $3.8 million in Q4-11, from $4.9 million in Q4-10. The Company's efficiency ratio, which is a measure of its ability to control expenses as a percentage of its revenues, continues to be strong and was 32% in Q4-11, compared to 42% in Q4-10.
- Nonaccrual loans and real estate owned (REO) totaled $86 million at December 31, 2011, compared to $87 million at September 30, 2011 and $80 million at December 31, 2010. Nonaccrual loans include certain restructured loans (TDRs) that are current and performing in accordance with their renegotiated terms, but are classified nonaccrual based on regulatory guidance. At December 31, 2011, such loans totaled $46 million and were yielding 5.08%, compared to $37 million yielding 4.71% at September 30, 2011 and $21 million yielding 2.98% at December 31, 2010.
- Intervest National Bank's regulatory capital ratios continue to be well above its minimum requirements. At December 31, 2011, its actual ratios were as follows: Tier One Leverage - 11.21%; Tier One Risk-Based - 16.06%; and Total Risk-Based Capital - 17.33%, compared to its minimum requirements of 9%, 10% and 12%, respectively. The Bank's Tier 1 capital amounted to $218 million and was $43 million in excess of the required minimum for its leverage ratio.
- Book value per common share increased to $8.07 at December 31, 2011, from $7.61 at December 31, 2010.
INTERVEST BANCSHARES CORPORATION Reports 2011 Fourth Quarter Earnings Of $2.7 Million Or $0.13 Per Share And Full Year Earnings Of $9.5 Million Or $0.45 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.