VANCOUVER, Jan. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI) (BVL: FVI) is pleased to announce that today Mr. Jorge Ganoza, President and CEO, and Mr. Simon Ridgway, Chairman of the Board, will be joined by Officers and Directors, to celebrate the Company's September, 2011 stock listing by ringing the New York Stock Exchange opening bell.
Mr. Jorge Ganoza, President and CEO, commented: "Since Fortuna's inception in 2004, we have proven our ability to build and operate mines while consistently delivering on promises. Our listing on the New York Stock Exchange is a significant milestone in the Company's history and reflects the dedication and commitment of our shareholders and our employees in Canada, Peru and Mexico. We are honored to ring the NYSE opening bell and are pleased to be associated with the premier brand in the securities markets. As a NYSE-listed company, we will continue to follow a disciplined, sustainable growth strategy with an eye toward building Fortuna into one of the world's leading silver mining companies."
About Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.
Established in 2004, Fortuna is a growth-oriented silver and base metal producer focused on mining opportunities in Latin America. Its primary assets are the Caylloma silver mine in southern Peru and the San Jose silver-gold mine in Mexico. The Company is also engaged in exploration activities at the Mario property in central Peru and is selectively pursuing additional acquisition opportunities in the region. For more information, please visit our website at www.fortunasilver.com.ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD Jorge A. Ganoza President, CEO and Director Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. Trading symbols: NYSE: FSM | TSX: FVI | BVL: FVI
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV