5. From Sierra Wireless (SWIR - Get Report): the Tri-Network Hotspot (TNH) on Sprint (S). It combines the EVDO and WiMAX capabilities of its predecessor device with LTE on 1900 MHz, which becomes available in at least the first four cities no later than June 2012. That's when this device is expected to become available in retail.As with the competing Novatel MiFi on Verizon, the Sierra Wireless TNH also offers a much-needed doubling in battery size, to something in the 3,000-3,500 mAh range. Again, kudos to Sierra Wireless, Novatel and for that matter also Motorola for recognizing that most consumers will happily take a thicker and heavier device if the additional weight and size are devoted to a more capable battery.
Seven Top Gadgets/Tech at CES
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.