Jan. 16, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (
) company, today announced that
has joined the company as executive vice president of emerging markets. Kundra is an accomplished technology leader with a demonstrated track record of driving innovation.
As the first Chief Information Officer of
the United States
, Kundra managed more than
in technology investments at one of the world's largest information technology organizations. He was an early evangelist of the benefits of cloud computing in the public sector. Kundra authored the groundbreaking Cloud-First policy, which now serves as a model for government IT organizations around the world seeking to increase efficiencies with less resources.
Comments on the News:
Background on Vivek Kundra:
- " Vivek Kundra is an amazing technology visionary who opened the eyes of millions to the transformational power of cloud computing," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "His disruptive leadership is just what the industry needs to accelerate the social enterprise."
- "Salesforce.com is an industry disruptor, helping organizations use the transformative power of technology for change," said Vivek Kundra, EVP of emerging markets, salesforce.com. "I am excited to join the most innovative company in the world that is pioneering social, mobile and open cloud computing technologies for the enterprise."
- Prior to joining salesforce.com, Kundra served as the first United States chief information officer where he was credited with adopting game-changing cloud computing technologies, strengthening the cybersecurity posture of the nation and launching an open government movement.
- Before his time as U.S. CIO, Kundra served as the chief technology officer for the District of Columbia and as the assistant secretary of commerce and technology for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The World Economic Forum selected Kundra as a 2011 Young Global Leader, representing a group of exceptional young leaders who share a commitment to shaping the global future. He is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Kundra holds a M.S. in management information systems from the University of Maryland and is a graduate of the University of Virginia's Sorensen Institute of Political Leadership.
With 100,000+ customers,
is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services include:
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase
applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
has headquarters in
, with offices in
, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit
, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Data.com, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.