ERIE, Pa., Jan. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Erie® Insurance is celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day by turning the holiday into a week-long service event. Fifty-four employees from the insurance group's home office will volunteer with three organizations in downtown Erie throughout the week. ERIE will also donate $1,500 to each organization.
"Dr. King's legacy inspires us to join together to serve and support those around us," said Ann Scott, ERIE's vice president of community outreach. "'Above all in service' has been a guiding principle at ERIE for generations. We're proud to serve in and support our local community."Volunteer events for the week include:
- Erie Center on Health & Aging – On Monday, January 16, employees will be on site to help with activities ranging from group fitness walks to lunch and bingo. YMCA of Greater Erie, Downtown – Employees will brighten up the nearly 100-year-old building by repainting portions of the interior on Tuesday and Wednesday, January 17 and 18.
- Pfeiffer-Burleigh Elementary School – On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, January 18-20, seventh- and eighth-grade students will receive one-on-one, after-school tutoring from ERIE employees to help the students prepare for Pennsylvania System of School Assessment testing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV