HDFC Bank Ltd Stock Downgraded (HDB)
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, HDFC BANK LTD's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HDFC BANK LTD is rather high; currently it is at 55.90%. Regardless of HDB's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HDB's net profit margin of 15.30% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- HDB has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 9.51% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts