LAS VEGAS (TheStreet) -- This year's Consumer Electronics Show was the biggest yet, with major launches from more than 3,100 companies as attendees were bombarded with a seemingly endless number of Ultrabooks, smartphones, tablets and OLED TVs.
Companies such as Nokia (NOK), LG, Casio, Samsung and Lenovo were out in force during the event, showcasing their latest, greatest technologies.
Read on for some of the hottest technologies at CES 2012 ...
LG's 55-Inch 3D OLED TVI talked about how breathtaking this product was on the new Tech Trends blog earlier this week, but after viewing it again, I can now officially say I think it may change the way we watch TV forever. Everywhere I went at CES from the floor, to the parties and receptions, people were buzzing about the stunning picture quality of this device. Casio's Relief Painting Technology While it's unclear whether this service will ever be sold to the general public (and also whether consumers would really want it), I was impressed by Casio's 3D photo technology, which enables 2D snapshots to come to life without the use of special glasses. The company demonstrated its technology by displaying photos of cats and dogs that seemed to leap out of the wall. LG's Smart Manager Refrigerator Showcased at CES, LG's Smart Refrigerator really deserves some praise. The fridge works with the owners' smartphone app to display a list of the food items inside, as well as their locations and expiration dates. It recommends dishes that can be cooked using the items inside the fridge, offers online grocery shopping directly from the fridge's LCD panel, or a smartphone, and helps you diet. The best part: The fridge even includes a "blast cooler" that can chill a bottle of beer in less than five minutes and bottle of wine in eight minutes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV