At this time, the closely watched fuel is battling against storms on all sides. Warm weather is constricting demand while, at the same time, industry specialists note that inventories are brimming. Winter weather may help limit this price drop. However, UNG and GAZ should continue to be monitored from the sidelines.
Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN)
The solar sector spent the great portion of 2011 trading lower as persistent macroeconomic concerns weighed heavily on investor confidence in alternative energy. While many of these daunting factors remain in play, the clouds appear to have begun to lift. Over the past week, both TAN and the Market Vectors Solar Energy ETF (KWT) (KWT) saw a dramatic about-face.
A single week of strength is not enough to confidently state that the fog has lifted on this industry. However, given the magnitude of this run up, TAN and KWT are certainly worth watching in the days ahead.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV