Although many expect the nation to avoid a downgrade, the German market-tracking iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG) is taking a hit as well.
iShares MSCI Mexico Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -2.7%
Latin American nations are struggling in Friday's choppy trading environment, pushing ETFs linked to Chile, Peru, Brazil and Mexico into negative territory.
EWW's ample exposure to non-cyclical sectors like consumer staples and telecommunications may make it appealing during periods of questionable performance. Caution is still warranted here, however, due to the fund's top-heavy nature. America Movil (AMX) and Wal-Mart de Mexico together account for nearly a third of the fund's assets.All prices as of 2:15 PM EST Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV