PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The India Fund, Inc. (the "Fund") (NYSE: IFN) announced that its Board of Directors has approved a change in the Fund's benchmark to the MSCI India Index, with effect from January 1, 2012. The prior benchmark was the IFC Investable India Index. Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited, the Fund's investment adviser, recommended the change based on its belief that the new benchmark is more widely followed. The change in benchmark does not affect the investment objective of the Fund, nor the way in which the portfolio is managed.
The India Fund, Inc. is a closed-end management investment company that seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in Indian equity securities. The Fund conducts semi-annual repurchase offers and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "IFN".
Information on the Fund can be obtained on the Fund's website at www.aberdeenifn.com or by calling the Fund's toll-free phone number at 1-866-839-5205.
Important InformationClosed-end funds have a one-time initial public offering and then are subsequently traded on the secondary market through one of the stock exchanges. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares may be worth more or less than the original cost. Shares of closed-end funds may trade above (a premium) or below (a discount) the net asset value (NAV) of the fund's portfolio. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objective. Past performance does not guarantee future results. If you wish to receive this information electronically, please contact: InvestorRelations@aberdeen-asset.com
SOURCE The India Fund, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV