Caterpillar (CAT) produces and sells mining and construction equipment. Caterpillar is scheduled to announce its 2011 full-year and fourth quarter earnings on Jan. 26. The average analyst earnings per share estimate for Caterpillar is $1.73, according to Zacks data.
Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 1.8%
Rated "B+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin decreased from the previous year.Caterpillar's liquidity is weak. Its Quick Ratio is 0.82, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, shareholders' net worth has increased 43.96% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target on Caterpillar is $117.74. Shares closed Friday at $102.48.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV