Caterpillar (CAT) produces and sells mining and construction equipment. Caterpillar is scheduled to announce its 2011 full-year and fourth quarter earnings on Jan. 26. The average analyst earnings per share estimate for Caterpillar is $1.73, according to Zacks data.
Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 1.8%
Rated "B+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin decreased from the previous year.Caterpillar's liquidity is weak. Its Quick Ratio is 0.82, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, shareholders' net worth has increased 43.96% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target on Caterpillar is $117.74. Shares closed Friday at $102.48.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV