Jockey Shows Little Faith in Tim Tebow
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Privately-held Jockey International, known best for its underwear manufacturing, announced prizes worth $1 million in clothing if Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow wins the Super Bowl, which subtly hints at the poor chances the team has of winning the championship.
Jockey sponsors Tebow, who has been the attraction of huge television audiences this season, but his Broncos have the worst odds to win the NFL championship at 50-to-1, according to vegasinsider.com.
"@TimTebow wins it all this year. @Jockey fans win $1MM of FREE underpants. #Unforgettablefeelings," Jockey tweeted on its official account Friday.
The rules page reveals that if Tebow's Broncos win the Super Bowl, one grand prize winner will receive $15,000 cash and 40,000 others will receive a $25 Jockey gift card. The approximate retail value of winnings total $1,015,000, Jockey said.Tebow has been a polarizing figure among professional football fans this year as many have criticized his unconventional throwing motion and viability as a permanent starting quarterback. The Broncos will face New England in Foxboro, Mass. on Saturday as Tebow and his teammates look for another surprise playoff victory against the two-touchdown favorite Patriots. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV