BOSTON, Jan. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The lawyers at Block & Leviton LLP, a Boston based law firm with experience in representing investors in protecting their rights, is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Georgia Gulf Corp. (NYSE: GGC) breached their duties in rejecting an acquisition offer for all of Georgia Gulf's shares at $30 per share by Westlake Chemical Corp. (NYSE: WLK).
Westlake is offering to purchase all Georgia Gulf shares at a 23% premium to Georgia's closing price yesterday, December 12, 2012. Consensus analyst estimates for the price of Georgia Gulf's stock is a median of $23 per share. According to Westlake's President and Chief Executive Officer, Albert Chao, Georgia Gulf has been unwilling to provide Westlake with customary information to permit Westlake to "explore" the purchase and Georgia Gulf would not "enter into substantive discussions" with Westlake.
If you own stock in Georgia Gulf please contact us to discuss your rights with regard to this transaction or if you have any questions.
Scott Mays, Esq.(617) 398-5640 firstname.lastname@example.orgJeffrey C. Block, Esq.(617) 398-5610 email@example.com The attorneys at Block & Leviton have more than 50 years of experience in representing individual and institutional investors in shareholder rights actions. This may constitute attorney advertising. SOURCE Block & Leviton LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV