EQT receives 93% of its overall production from natural gas, and reduced its hedging to 42% from 49% of assets as of year-end 2011.
Southwestern receives 100% of its production from natural gas, and reduced its hedging program to 46% from 50% of assets at year-end 2011.
PetroQuest receives 81% of its production from natural gas and reduced its hedging program to 13% from 18% of assets at year-end.
Comstock Resources has no hedging, and Chesapeake reduced its hedging program from 40% to nothing at year-end.Cimarex Energy receives 56% of its production from natural gas and reduced its hedging from 6% to nothing at year-end. Among the largest producers of natural gas that significantly lowered hedging like Chesapeake are: Exco Resources (EXCO): 98% natural gas production and a hedging reduction from 58% to 40%. Bill Barrett (BBG), 92% production from natural gas and a hedging program reduction from 68% to 39%. Newfield Exploration: 61% natural gas production and a hedging decrease from 72% to 57%. -- Written by Eric Rosenbaum from New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV