NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The Wall Street view of natural gas stocks hasn't been good, and it got even worse on Friday with pile-on bearish natural gas pricing and stock outlooks from Stifel and Argus Research.
Earlier in the week, as natural gas spot market pricing hit its lowest level in eight months, predictions surfaced calling for a natural gas spot price under $2 in 2012. Pricing may not get that bad, but it is getting worse and that will
Natural gas stocks, led by last year's 102% gainer Cabot Oil & Gas (COG), began a slide that has continued throughout the week.
Stifel reduced its natural gas pricing forecast for 2012 to $3.25/$4.00 from $4.50/$5.00.
|The Wall Street view of natural gas stocks continues to be a pile-on pessimism outlook in 2012.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV