3. Google (GOOG) has its major focus on improving the way people connect with information. It's major revenue source is online advertising. The company is scheduled to release its 2011 fourth-quarter results on Jan. 19.
As per the consensus estimates of analysts polled by Bloomberg, the company is likely to report net income of $3.45 billion on sales of $8.4 billion, compared to net income of $2.85 billion on sales of $6.4 billion recorded in the 2010 fourth quarter. For the quarter, Google is likely to report earnings per share of $10.48 per share, up from $8.75 in the earlier quarter.
Operating profit and EBITDA is seen increasing by 23% and 35%, respectively. Gross margin is seen expanding to 85.86% from 65.09%. Additionally, cash flow per share is seen rising to $12.24 from $11.02.Of the 41 analysts covering the stock, 85% recommend a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 16.5% to $733.47 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV