4. Johnson Controls (JCI) is a provider of automotive interiors. Through subsidiaries it also provides technical services, energy management consulting and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. The company is due to release its fiscal 2012 first quarter results on Jan. 19.
As per analysts' consensus estimates polled by Bloomberg, Johnson Controls is likely to report net income of $429.8 million on sales of $10.5 billion, compared to net income of $347 million on sales of $9.54 billion recorded during the 2011 first quarter. Johnson is likely to report earnings of 62 cents per share, compared to earnings of 55 cents per share earlier. Gross margin is seen expanding to 15.29% from 14.83% earlier.
Currently, the company is trading at a dividend yield of 1.8%. Dividend per share is estimated to come in at 16 cents. Meanwhile, cash flow per share is foreseen to increase to 80 cents from 16 cents recorded in the first quarter fiscal 2011.Of the 31 analysts covering the stock, 74% recommend a buy, while 23% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 18.9% to $41.74 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV