5. PPG Industries (PPG) is a producer and supplier of protective and decorative coatings, optical and specialty materials, commodity chemicals, and glass. The company is due to release its 2011 fourth-quarter results on Jan. 19.
As per the consensus estimate of analysts polled by Bloomberg, PPG is seen recording sales of $3.50 billion for the 2011 fourth quarter, compared to $3.38 billion in the same quarter prior fiscal. Net income for the quarter is estimated at $198.6 million, or $1.26 per share. EBITDA and operating profit are seen rising by 9% and 13%, respectively. Gross margin is expected up 39.03% from 34.77% earlier.
Currently, the company is trading at a dividend yield of 2.5%. Dividend per share for the quarter is estimated to increase to 57 cents from 55 cents in the prior fiscal year quarter. Also, cash flow per share is pegged at $2.47.Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 44% recommend a buy, while the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 7.4% to $94.55 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV