7. eBay (EBAY) is an online auction and sales platform, operating a range of Web sites. It generates revenue in the form of net transaction revenue, marketing services and other revenue. The company is due to publish its fourth-quarter fiscal 2011 results on Jan. 18.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg, foresee the company reporting net income of $744.9 million on sales of $3.32 billion, higher than net income of $683.8 million on $2.49 billion sales recorded during the 2010 fourth quarter. Earnings per share are seen increasing to 57 cents during the quarter from 52 cents. Operating profit and EBITDA during the quarter is estimated to increase by 53% and 37%, respectively. Cash flow per share is seen increasing by 9% to 71 cents.
Of the 35 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy, while 40% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 23.9% to $39.14 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV