NEW YORK (TheStreet) - These 10 companies from varied industries like basic materials, technology, telecom and consumer goods and services sector are due to release their quarterly earnings next week. Analysts estimate these stocks have upside in the range of 7% to 63% with 66% of analysts issuing buy ratings, on average. Some stocks also have attractive dividend yields.
The stocks are listed based on their earnings release date.
10. Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP) develops technologies to secure communications and transactions over the Internet. It is involved in developing, marketing and supporting a range of software, as well as combined hardware and software products and services for information technology security. The company is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter fiscal 2011 earnings on Jan. 17.
As per the consensus estimates of analysts polled by Bloomberg, CHKP is likely to report sales of $356 million compared to $318.5 million in the same quarter prior fiscal year. Net income is estimated at $173.4 million, or 81 cents per share, as against $156.7 million, or 73 cents per share, in the 2010 fourth quarter. EBITDA for the quarter is seen rising by 20% to $212.8 million. Gross margin is seen expanding to 88.19% from 87.80%.Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Of the 28 analysts covering the stock, 68% recommend a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 25.5% to $65.69 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV