According to the company, the new round of layoffs will save the company $1.6 billion each year. "One change already under way is the simplification of the company's global commercial organization structure. The number of sales and marketing regions has been reduced from five to three and smaller countries are being clustered, a move that will optimize resources, increase shared services and reduce the cost base," said AstraZeneca in a statement.
Already, the company has announced tens of thousands of layoffs after announcing its first major restructuring program in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV