UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
The world's largest shipping carrier is scaling back.
UPS (UPS)is laying off some 433 workers at a facility in northern, Kentucky beginning mid-March and ending in April. About a fourth of those losing their jobs are temporary workers, according to the company.
The cuts come as UPS will no longer manage inventory and fill orders for online retailer Zulily Inc, a Seattle-based company that sells clothing and accessories for women and children.According to UBS, operations will continue at the facility, which will have a smaller workforce of about 150. Kentucky's is where the company has its largest air hub. UBS has invested $2 billion over recent years to expand its hub in Louisville.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV