UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
The world's largest shipping carrier is scaling back.
UPS (UPS)is laying off some 433 workers at a facility in northern, Kentucky beginning mid-March and ending in April. About a fourth of those losing their jobs are temporary workers, according to the company.
The cuts come as UPS will no longer manage inventory and fill orders for online retailer Zulily Inc, a Seattle-based company that sells clothing and accessories for women and children.According to UBS, operations will continue at the facility, which will have a smaller workforce of about 150. Kentucky's is where the company has its largest air hub. UBS has invested $2 billion over recent years to expand its hub in Louisville.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV