Vivus (VVUS) is engaged in development and commercialization of therapeutic drugs for large underserved markets, including obesity and related morbidities, such as sleep apnea and diabetes and men's sexual health. This stock is trading up 4.1% at $12.55 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.3 millionAverage Volume: 1.6 million Volume % Change: 176% From a technical standpoint, VVUS is flirting with a number of a big breakout trades if this stock can manage to take out some past overhead resistance at $12.98 and then $13.68 with volume. At last check, VVUS hit $12.84 intraday and volume is well above the average action. Traders should be cautious on VVUS if it fails to take out those breakout levels soon, since the volume is so strong today and it's still trading below them. Vivus is rated D sell by TheStreet Ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV