CLEVELAND, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS), a leading developer and marketer of proprietary software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries, today announced an updated publication of its 2011 white paper "Design and Deliver Mobile Point-of-Service."
"In 2011, the promise of mobile point-of-service in retail was validated. Retailers have seen how the solution can enhance the consumer's shopping experience and have proven its viability as an alternative with more convenience to fixed-function POS registers," said Aaron Hagler, vice president of Solutions Delivery for Agilysys Retail Solutions Group. "However, we found that, although retailers understand the 'why,' they are eager to comprehend the 'how.' This white paper is designed to give retailers insight into how to plan, create, deploy and maintain a cost-effective MPOS solution."
Hagler added that retailers need to be cognizant of the fact that a mobile point-of-sale application is just one component and the foundation for a mobile point-of-service solution, with its multichannel and enterprise integration reaching beyond POS to other store-based, eCommerce and host systems. "Mobility is the driving force for the convergence of point-of-sale, loyalty and payment systems across the store. The value of Agilysys' heritage and perspective in these solution technologies stems not only from its ability to observe, analyze and advise, but also from many years of hands-on experience in designing, implementing and supporting mobile, POS, loyalty, and store systems."
Agilysys provides comprehensive wireless-related product and service solutions with best-of-breed solution partners. The Company works beside its clients from inception through completion with full life-cycle management capabilities, and employs a deeply experienced and skilled Mobility and POS team that is unparalleled in the industry. The Agilysys team includes:
- Consultants, for defining business requirements for systems and operational integration;
- Pre-sales wireless specialists;
- Systems integration professionals with complete project management expertise;
- Mobile software development and QA testing experts;
- Wireless-certified engineers;
- Certified system engineers with demonstrated proficiency in a variety of mobile device management solutions;
- Implementation and installation authorities;
- Help desk and support professionals with unlimited availability; and
- Managed Services for the management, deployment and monitoring of devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV