BALTIMORE, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Petroleum & Resources Corporation (NYSE: PEO) declared a dividend of $0.10 per share, payable March 1, 2012, to stockholders of record February 10, 2012, consisting of $0.03 of net investment income, $0.01 short-term capital gain, and $0.05 long-term capital gain, all realized in 2011, and $0.01 net investment income realized in 2012.
Commenting on today's announcement, Douglas G. Ober, Chairman, President and CEO of Petroleum & Resources Corp., said: "The dividend announced today represents the first installment of the Corporation's four distributions to stockholders in 2012. Last year, the annual distribution rate of the net investment income and capital gains that we paid to stockholders was 7.1%. The Fund's annual distribution rate is calculated by dividing the total investment income and capital gains distributed during the year by the average month-end market price of the Corporation's Common Stock for the year."
Petroleum & Resources Corporation is a Baltimore-based closed-end investment company. Its stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PEO.
For further information please contact:Lawrence L. Hooper, Jr., Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary410-752-5900 or 800-638-2479 E-mail: email@example.comWebsite: www.peteres.com For your convenience, all press releases are posted to our website. If you would like to receive future press releases by fax or e-mail, please contact us. SOURCE Petroleum & Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV