BALTIMORE, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of The Adams Express Company (NYSE:ADX) declared a dividend of $0.05 per share, payable March 1, 2012, to stockholders of record February 10, 2012, consisting of $0.03 net investment income, $0.01 short-term capital gain, and $0.01 long-term capital gain, all realized in 2011.
Commenting on this dividend, Douglas G. Ober, Chairman and CEO of Adams Express, said: "This dividend is the first installment of the Company's distributions to stockholders this year, which for the year will be an amount equal to at least 6% of the Company's trailing 12-month average month-end market price. We have a long history of providing attractive distributions of dividend income and capital gains to our stockholders and our commitment to distribute at least 6% provides a more predictable level of cash distributions coupled with the opportunity for capital appreciation. We think this should be appealing to investors in today's volatile market and low interest rate environment."
The Adams Express Company is a Baltimore-based closed-end investment company. Its stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ADX.
For further information please contact:Lawrence L. Hooper, Jr., Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary410-752-5900 or 800-638-2479 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.adamsexpress.com For your convenience, all press releases are posted to our website. If you would like to receive future press releases by fax or e-mail, please contact us. SOURCE Adams Express Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV