JDA Outlines Strategies To Attract, Win And Keep Profitable Customers With Consumer-Connected Retail
Connected, “always-on” consumers are now the driving force in retail. The information they need to make a buying decision can be found in mere seconds and shapes what they buy, when and where they buy it, and at what price. Empowered and emboldened, these connected consumers expect personalized relationships and offerings delivered through flexible options.
With consumers firmly in the driver’s seat, how can retailers adapt and succeed? According to JDA® Software Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: JDAS), The Supply Chain Company ®, it requires a new approach – one that allows retailers to attract, win and keep profitable customers. It starts with retailers understanding the urgency of the situation and the need to quickly adopt the following strategies:
- Manage with a consumer – versus a product – focus
- Adapt a culture that offers a seamless, consistent cross-channel experience
- Gain a multi-dimensional view of the customer
- Eliminate ineffective and disjointed planning processes
- Respond quickly to consumer demand with an agile and optimized supply chain
“Today’s consumers – hyper-connected and seeking instant gratification – don’t have the time or patience for the old way of retailing,” said Wayne Usie, senior vice president, retail, JDA Software. “They comparison shop using their mobile devices, and armed with information, feel empowered to negotiate with in-store sales associates. They expect retailers to give them what they want, where and when they want it. They expect to be able to shop seamlessly at home, in-store and everywhere. They not only expect retailers to put products in front of them, but to engage with them to gain their loyalty. This has created an evolve-or-die scenario for retailers, and JDA can help with its differentiated strategies for consumer-connected retail.”
The Next Generation: Consumer-Connected RetailRetailers seeking customer-centricity in every interaction have much to consider, including:
- The increasing frequency and scope of demand shifts within planning cycles, which commands intelligence and interaction during execution to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability.
- How to deliver endless aisles – sourcing and delivering from the broadest network in real time to offer greater assortment flexibility and to cement loyalty.
- The need to empower store associates with customer, product and availability information that is equal or superior to that accessible to consumers, allowing for increased customer satisfaction.
- Inventory allocation flexibility and utilization control to meet growing demands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV