Columbia Management, the seventh largest manager of long-term mutual fund assets in the U.S., has launched a new social media program to help financial advisors communicate more effectively with clients and prospects.
Three social media outlets now feature easy-to-share news and insights from Columbia Management in the form of blog entries, tweets and videos in the following formats:
Columbia Management Perspectives blog [
features posts from our thought leaders, including:
- Colin Moore, chief investment officer
- Colin Lundgren, head of fixed income
- Robert McConnaughey, head of equity
- Marie Schofield, chief economist
- Todd White, head of alternative strategies
- @ColumbiaMgmt [ twitter.com/@ColumbiaMgmt] on Twitter provides notifications about blog entries, market commentary, news releases and more.
- Columbia Management YouTube channel [ youtube.com/columbiamanagement], offers an extensive video library featuring current thought leadership and investment themes.
“We’re using social media to provide valuable content that helps financial advisors build relationships with clients and prospects,” said Chris Thompson, head of product and marketing at Columbia Management. “We’re excited to use these new outlets to share our market views and company news.”
About Columbia Management:Columbia Management is the seventh largest manager of long-term mutual fund assets with $325 billion under management as of September 30, 2011. Columbia Management is a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AMP). For more information, visit columbiamangement.com.About Ameriprise Financial:At Ameriprise Financial, we have been helping people feel confident about their financial future for over 115 years. With outstanding asset management, advisory and insurance capabilities and a nationwide network of 10,000 financial advisors, we have the strength and expertise to serve the full range of individual and institutional investors' financial needs. For more information, or to find an Ameriprise financial advisor, visit ameriprise.com. Investment products are not federally or FDIC-insured, are not deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed by any financial institution, and involve investment risks including possible loss of principal and fluctuation in value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV