Albany International Corp. (NYSE: AIN) announced today that the sale of its global Albany Door Systems (“ADS”) business to ASSA ABLOY AB (the “Buyer”), as announced on October 28, 2011, was successfully completed on January 11, 2012. The selling price was $130 million, subject to customary post-closing adjustments.
As previously indicated the Company intends to use the net proceeds from the transaction to strengthen the balance sheet and will have more detail about its approach to doing so in future earnings releases.
Albany International is a global advanced textiles and materials processing company with approximately 4,300 employees worldwide and plants strategically located to serve its global customers. The company's core business is the world's leading producer of custom-designed fabrics and belts essential to the production of paper and paperboard. Albany's family of growth businesses extends its advanced textiles and materials capabilities into a variety of other industries, most notably aerospace composites, nonwovens, building products, and high-performance insulation and yarn. Additional information about the Company and its businesses and products is available at www.albint.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV