4. Steel Dynamics (STLD) is a steel producer and metals recycler. It also engages in the fabrication and sale of steel joists and decking products.
For the third quarter 2011, STLD recorded net income of $43 million, up 126% compared to the 2010 third quarter. Steel shipments were 1.5 million tons, up 12%. Operating income from steel operations was $139 million, or $96 per ton, shipped in the third quarter of 2011, an increase of $51 million.
The third quarter's average ferrous scrap cost per ton melted increased $79 compared to the 2010 third quarter and up $5 from the second quarter of 2011.STLD expects fourth-quarter earnings of 8 cents to 12 cents per diluted share and announced a cash dividend of 10 cents per share payable Jan. 13 to shareholders of record Dec. 31. Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend buying and the rest suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $16.05, about 7% higher than the current price, a Bloomberg consensus shows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV