5. Nucor (NUE) and its affiliates engage in the manufacture of steel and steel products. The company also produces direct reduced iron for use in its steel mills. It operates in three segments: steel mills, steel products and raw materials.
For the third quarter of 2011, Nucor reported 26.8% increase in consolidated net sales to $5.25 billion compared to $4.14 billion in the third quarter of 2010. Net earnings were $181.5 million, or 57 cents per diluted share.
Nucor expects fourth-quarter results to be in the range of 22 cents to 27 cents per diluted share.Last month, Nucor increased its regular quarterly cash dividend to 36.5 cents per share from 36.2 cents per share. Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 62% recommend a buy and 24% suggest a hold. Analysts' average 12-month price target for the stock is $44.25, about 5% higher than the current price, according to Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV