NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Global crude steel production for November 2011 increased 1.1% to 116 million metric tons over November 2010, the World Steel Association reports. Among major steel producing countries, South Korea recorded 12.4% growth in the same period.
Fitch has assigned a stable outlook to the steel sector as demand from automakers, energy companies and heavy equipment manufacturers indicates improvement. Also, the rating agency estimates the U.S. capacity utilization to rise in 2012.
Based on average estimates of analysts polled by Bloomberg, these five stocks have potential upsides ranging from 5% to 33%, with an average of 64% of analysts issuing buy ratings.The stocks are sorted in ascending order of upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV