Annaly Capital Management
A similar setup is forming in shares of Annaly Capital Management (NLY) -- except in the case of this mortgage REIT, the breakout has yet to happen. That's a good thing for investors looking to get ahead of a move in shares.
Like Eaton, Annaly is forming an ascending triangle setup, in this case with resistance at $16.50. The ascending triangle works like this: As shares of Annaly bounce in between that resistance level at $16.50 and uptrending support below, they're getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance. A breakout above that price level indicates that buyers have absorbed the glut of supply that's previously existed at $16.50.
Because Annaly is a mortgage REIT, it tends to trade in a fairly tight range. While that does constrict the upside prospects of this stock, fairly volatile interest rates and investor demand for income stocks could still help spur a material breakout move in NLY.Annaly, which has a B buy rating from TheStreet Ratings, is one of the top-yielding real estate stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV