2013 Ford Fusion
Ford introduced a new Fusion even though the existing Fusion is the country's sixth-best-selling vehicle and third-best-selling car.
The change speaks to the brutal competition in the midsize sedan segment. Among the other top five cars in the segment, Toyota (F) has a new Camry, GM will soon have a new Malibu, Hyundai and Nissan have popular vehicles -- the Sonata and Altima -- and Honda (HMC) unveiled a new Accord at the auto show. (The next car you will see is the Accord.)
As for the new Fusion, it represents "a complete departure from the Fusion's previous styling," said Brauer of TotalCarScore. The midsize market is home to brutal competition, he said, "but that's where the volume is."Ford's design goal was "to give the mainstream sedan buyer a top-drawer visual experience, adding some emotional appeal to an already sensible choice," said Chris Hamilton, chief exterior designer, in a statement. Among the new technologies in the Fusion is a lane-keeping system, which uses a small camera to trigger an alert for drivers drifting out of a lane and can even apply pressure on steering to help bring the car back to a proper position.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV