CSP Inc. (NASDAQ: CSPI), a provider of IT solutions, systems integration services and dense cluster computing systems, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 ended September 30, 2011.
For the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, total sales were $16.6 million compared with $22.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2010. For the full year, sales were $73.6 million compared with $90.1 million for fiscal 2010.
Gross profit for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 was 23.9% compared with 20.4% in the fourth quarter a year ago. For the full year, gross profit was 22.2% compared with 19.1% in fiscal 2010. The year-over-year increases for both the quarter and year were primarily the result of reduced lower-margin revenue from a large hosting customer, and a greater mix of higher-margin consulting as well as solutions and managed service business.
Net loss for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 was $92 thousand, or $0.03 per share, compared with net income of $46 thousand or $0.01 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010. For the full year fiscal 2011, net income was $369 thousand or $0.10 per diluted share, compared with net income of $910 thousand, or $0.25 per diluted share, for fiscal 2010.Cash and short-term investments at fiscal year ended September 30, 2011 was $15.9 million compared with $15.5 million as of September 30, 2010. The increase in accounts receivables was due to orders received toward the end of the quarter. CSP purchased approximately $198 thousand of common stock during the quarter and $649 thousand of common stock for the full year. CSP’s cash position may vary significantly from quarter to quarter due to the high working capital requirements needed to fund large projects at both its Systems and its Services and Systems Integration segments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV