ModusLink Global Solutions (TM), Inc. (NASDAQ: MLNK), today announced that it is mailing a letter to stockholders in connection with the Company’s Annual Meeting of Stockholders to be held on January 20, 2012.
ModusLink’s Board of Directors unanimously recommends that stockholders vote “FOR” the Company’s two experienced and highly-qualified nominees for directors: Thomas H. Johnson and Jeffrey J. Fenton – by telephone, Internet or by signing, dating and returning the WHITE proxy card TODAY. The Company also urges shareholders to discard any gold proxy card that they receive from Peerless Systems Corporation (NASDAQ: PRLS).
The text of the letter to ModusLink stockholders is below:
TIME IS SHORT -- VOTE THE ENCLOSED WHITE PROXY CARD TODAYJanuary 12, 2012 Dear Fellow Stockholder: ModusLink’s January 20, 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders is rapidly approaching. We urge you to elect ModusLink’s experienced, independent and committed nominees – Tom Johnson and Jeff Fenton – to your Board of Directors. Since time is short, please take a moment of your time to use the enclosed WHITE proxy card to vote TODAY by Internet or telephone. MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE -- YOUR VOTE IS CRITICAL NO MATTER HOW MANY SHARES YOU OWN At this Annual Meeting you have an important decision to make. You can choose to vote for dissident representatives from Peerless Systems Corporation, a publicly traded hedge fund that is pursuing its own short-term agenda and whose nominees are not familiar with ModusLink or its industry and have failed to provide any constructive input or perspective on the Company - OR - you can choose to vote for ModusLink’s two highly-qualified nominees – Tom Johnson and Jeff Fenton – who bring critical and complementary skills and experience to your Board. We think the choice is clear. Please consider the following:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV