ATLANTA, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced it has begun recruiting to fill more than 70,000 seasonal positions as it prepares for spring, the company's busiest selling and hiring season.
"Just as the Christmas rush and holiday hiring ends for many retailers, we begin recruiting for spring seasonal associates to help customers during our busiest selling season," said Tim Crow, executive vice president for Human Resources. "And a seasonal job at The Home Depot can often lead to a regular position if you're passionate about customer service."
In fact, about half of The Home Depot's 2011 seasonal hires stayed on in permanent positions as cashiers, sales associates, lot associates and garden associates, to name a few.Job seekers can begin applying online now at www.Careers.HomeDepot.com. Hiring will begin ramping up over the next several weeks on a market-by-market basis, based on the needs of individual stores and as spring climates begin to approach. The Home Depot will also usher in the season with door-buster prices on hundreds of the most sought after spring products, including a variety of live goods and lawn care, outdoor power, eco-friendly gardening products, patio and grills. The Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,252 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces, Mexico and China. In fiscal 2010, The Home Depot had sales of $68.0 billion and earnings from continuing operations of $3.3 billion. The Company employs more than 300,000 associates. The Home Depot's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index . SOURCE The Home Depot
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV