The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) closed down 13 points (-0.1%) at 12,449. During the day, 819.5 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 827.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio closed at 1,668 issues advancing vs. 1,359 declining with 96 unchanged. The Dow component that led the way higher today was International Business Machines (NYSE:IBM), which sported a $1.01 gain (+0.6%) bringing the stock to $182.32. Volume for International Business Machines ended the day at 4.1 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 5.3 million shares. International Business Machines has a market cap of $215.14 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are down 1.2% year to date as of Tuesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 1.7%. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.4, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about ^DJI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV