- "We find a significant portion of the arguments put forth by Peerless, particularly those with respect to the Company's share price and operating performance, appear to have merit."
- "There appears to be suitably fertile ground for criticism of the board's efforts to improve ModusLink's operating performance."
- "We believe [Peerless] has fairly identified material quantitative concerns with respect to the efforts of the incumbent board and management."
- "Moving toward capital allocation decisions, it appears Peerless has again correctly noted a less than inspiring trend of sharp goodwill write downs associated with each of the Company's last three acquisitions."
- "Though we recognize the potential benefits of the tax benefits preservation pill… we also note the timing of its adoption, in the midst of escalating rhetoric with [Peerless], raises clear questions about management's peripheral intentions."
- "We note certain incumbent board members are responsible for executive compensation decisions that have left ModusLink wallowing in mediocrity relative to its peers. More specifically… the Company's compensation plans earned ModusLink 'F' grades for fiscal years 2010 and 2011."
- "It appears to us that members of [the compensation] committee have not effectively served shareholders."
Glass Lewis Supports Peerless Nominee For The Board Of ModusLink And Recommends Stockholders Vote The Gold Proxy Card
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.