Friday's Closing Price: $339.08
12-Month Median Price Target: $403Implied Potential Return: 19% Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.2% Current Analyst Coverage Breakdown: Of the 35 analysts covering the shares, 26 have either strong buy (14) or buy (12) ratings vs. 9 holds. Commentary: Mastercard is slated to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Feb. 2, and Wall Street is expecting earnings of $3.95 a share for the December-ended period on revenue of $1.73 billion. A steady earnings performer, Mastercard shares are up nearly 45% in the past year as consumer use of plastic instead of cash has ballooned. For the third quarter, the company said worldwide purchase volume rose 17.2% year-over-year to $628 billion. Mastercard has beaten the consensus earnings-per-share view in seven straight quarters, delivering an average upside surprise of 9.3%. Guggenheim Securities has a buy rating on the stock with a $415 price target but the firm trimmed its earnings estimate for the fourth quarter on Dec. 16 by 30 cents to $4.05 to reflect a slight slowing in margin growth. Buyback activity could narrow the gap though. "While risk to our estimates is possible from less margin expansion, share repurchases could exceed expectations," the firm said. "Additionally, our estimates reflect a three-year CAGR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV