Friday's Closing Price: $30.62
12-Month Median Price Target: $39Implied Potential Return: 21% Forward Annual Dividend Yield: N/A Current Analyst Coverage Breakdown: Of the 34 analysts covering the shares, 20 have either strong buy (11) or buy (9) ratings vs. 13 holds and one underperform. Commentary: The online auctioneer is slated to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Jan. 18, and Wall Street is expecting eBay to report a profit of 57 cents a share in the December-ended quarter on revenue of $$3.33 billion. The stock has gained more than 8% in the past year, bouncing through the final quarter of 2011 after scraping a 52-week low of $26.86 on Aug. 19. PayPal continues to be a juggernaut for the company. When eBay reported its third-quarter results in October, it projected that PayPal's mobile total payments volume would exceed $3.5 billion for 2011, up from just $750 million in 2010. While eBay does have the strong track record to topping the consensus view, it's not known for blowing away expectations. The company's average upside earnings-per-share surprise over the past eight quarters is just 5%. Check out TheStreet's quote page for eBay for year-to-date share performance, analyst ratings, earnings estimates and much more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV