NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by during the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN) 12.2%
Signs of stablizing prices are helping to power the solar energy industry higher. With Wednesday's upward action, TAN has managed to break through its 50-day moving average for the first time since last May.
LosersiPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) -5.4% While the sun is shining on the solar stocks, other areas of the energy sector are taking a heavy shot across the bow. Both natural gas oil producers are struggling to find footing, pushing funds like the First Trust ISE Revere Natural Gas Index Fund (FCG) and iShares Dow Jones U.S. Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Index Fund (IEO) to losses. Natural gas futures are faring especially poorly. Both GAZ and the United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) are off over 5%, locking in new record lows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV