WINDERMERE, Fla. (Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks are under mild selling pressure today, following a sharp spike higher in the previous session as new more negative sentiment continues to flow out of the troubled euro zone.
At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was trading down 37 points, and the S&P 500 was off by 2 points. The tech-heavy Nasdaq was bucking the weakness and treading up slightly by 3.9 points.
One of the major reasons for the selling pressure today is due to the euro, which fell to a 16-month low against the dollar, dropping below $1.27, after ratings agency Fitch urged the ECB to step up buying of euro zone debt to prevent a "cataclysmic" collapse of the euro.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV